As part of our search for lower middle market companies to acquire, we are looking to hire entrepreneurial and experienced Operating Partners who will be actively involved in every part of sourcing and closing deals as well as managing and growing our companies. Operating Partners are executives who have a background in one of the industries we are targeting, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the drive to acquire and grow a business with us. During the search, the Operating Partner will work closely with the investment team of Hunter Trust to identify and evaluate potential investment opportunities. Upon closing a deal, the Operating Partner will assume the role of CEO.
who you are
The ideal Operating Partner will have the following characteristics:
- Proven track record of growing companies
- Ability to quickly understand various industry drivers and key company characteristics
- Strong communication skills, including the soft skills needed to work effectively with sellers
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Adaptable, resourceful, and strong work ethic
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on, problem-solving attitude
- Self-starter capable of working autonomously
- M&A or deal experience; LBO modeling ability
- MBA from top-tier school
- High professional integrity and sound business judgment when working with colleagues, potential partners and businesses
We are currently focused on finding an attractive business with $2M -$4M in EBITDA in the Austin, Texas and Minneapolis, Minnesota areas.
Target industries include:
- Healthcare services
- Business services
- Natural resources
If you are interested in learning more about the Operating Partner role, please email Lacey Wismer, Managing Director of Hunter Trust, at email@example.com.